Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I have been having trouble staying motivated to run lately. It worked in my favor going into the Victoria Marathon, but now I worry that I may be slowing myself down. Part of the reason I have been running less is because I have been extremely tired. For nearly a month now I seeem to be busy until after my desired bedtime. I really like 8 hours a sleep and can only go a few days with less than that before I turn into a zombie. When I do have time there are always other things that I need to catch up on. This lack of time is very frustrating, but I am greatful that I have signed up for so many marathons. It would be easy to get out of shape or decided against doing one if I hadn't already made the commitment. Now I am thinking that if I sign up for atleast one a month I should be able to squeek by with little training beyond running to and from work.
Other good news, I have someone to run with this afternoon. It helps to have someone holding you accountable when you might not feel like running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have those days (or longer) of motivation problems. Two tricks: 1. Get out the door and take the first running step. After that, the motivation problem is gone. 2. Remember how good it is for your health, for the way you look, and how many people are rooting for you, and that will help get you out the door to the first running step!

WorshipKrista said...

I love reading your blog - it's such an inspiration of all the goals you've met in such short time. I'm fighting my own slump right now.
Just wanted to let you know I silently root for you!