Monday, November 24, 2008

It was an absolutely beautiful day in Seattle. Even before dawn you could tell a lovely sky was in the making. The sun came up, the clouds cleared and every mountain was visible. My house faces the Olympics, I walk to the top of the hill and look out on the Cascades with Rainier making a showing to our south. A good day to run...
A few friends and I gathered at Discovery park to run what was supposed to be a 6 mile loop, in the end it was only 4.25 miles. Fortunately, we had some good hills. One hill was nearly all stairs. On a big hill I will vary my stride to give my legs a little relief, not so on the stairs. Every step is the same as the one before it, I am sad to admit that I walked the last 5 steps. As I ran in circles at the top of the hill waiting for my party to catch up, it dawned on me that I have PMS...I had gone the whole day not appreciating the splendor of the area I live in, frustrated with too many trifles to count. But now, a few miles in, a few hills up, I was feeling fine again. A note to my audience, run to feel better...it cures what ails ya!

Its now Monday morning...seems I didn't post this yesterday...Anyway, running to work today, need the hills.

No comments: