Friday, December 5, 2008

back to normal?

Yesterday I was feeling like myself again, painfully hyperactive. So I ran around lincoln park, maybe three miles in all. While running up a very gentle incline I started to wonder why I do this because it really didn't feel good...so perhaps I am not fully recovered yet, I used to love running hills. I had a great workout at the gym after, but found the squats a little difficult still.

The days major disappointment came while viewing the race photos...I look dumb. I had every intention of throwing my arms over my head in victory, but they ended up out at my side as if I was trying to fly. I think I was cheering too, because my mouth is open...stupid pictures. Clearly I need to practice my finish line pose. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a few races planned right now. First up is the wonder girl 5K, an event to encourage healthy lifestyles in preteen girls. I will be volunteering at this event, but like every race volunteer I have ever seen I will be wearing my running clothes under my warmer clothes just in case I am called upon to run. Next up is the Jingle Bell run, which supports arthritis research. I used to do this run with my parents when I was a very tiny child, I always enjoyed it because so many people dress up and they give out bells. I am planning a ridiculous costume to bring joy to all the little ones. Down the road a bit I have the Bridal Trails 50k, I will be running as part of a team. Bridal Trails is a really fun, easy loop, though I can't imagine running the 6 laps on my own...seems a bit redundant.

If you know of any other races I should consider, please let me know.

No comments: