Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am back baby!!

Yesterday, in spite of a terrible cold, I was taken by the desire to run. I was at work all day, so I had time to think it through and decide if my body was really up to it. Monday was the first day I was able to do my full routine at the gym, managed to push through it again on Wednesday,I took that as a sign that my body was ready to work. I am proud to admit that I made a smart plan and stuck to it. I ran around the block (I chose a block with a hill) and back. No pain (not true, my throat was burning, but that is just this dumb cold). Euphoria in fact. I had to force myself to stop running. I wanted to wait and see if it would start hurting later, and it did not! Life is good.
It is somewhat frustrating to think about starting from the beginning, but I keep reminding myself that I am grateful to be running at all.

Other good news: Congratulations to Gary Robbins for winning the Association of Canadian Ultramarathoners (ACU) 2008 Ultrarunner of the year!

1 comment:

Gary Robbins said...

Hey, hey, hey, let's not take away from the best news here, YOU'RE BACK!! Great to hear, and awesome that you're staying smart. Certainly not easy, but stick with it and you'll be upping your mileage again in no time:)
GR