Monday, July 20, 2009

my new drink

On Thursday I sprang out of bed, a long run was in the very near future and I was ready for it. I got ready for my Alki loop and remembered at the last minute that I have been wanting to try a Cytomax sample I picked up at a race expo. I grabbed the last of my Agave gels too, just in case. The run started like so many others, a couple achy steps, an easy warm up, a last minute course change to swing by the pottys in the park, and then back on track and feeling good. It was a warm morning but I had a breeze for the first 8 miles at which point two things happened: I decided to take a longer hillier route home, and the temperature increased dramatically. I added more water to my Cytomax and kept sipping, not convinced I felt any different. Then I tackled the hill. It was in full sun and creeping toward 80 degrees F. As I cruised up the hill it dawned on me that I remember seeing something on the cytomax package implying that it "decreases perceived exertion." Initially the claim made me laugh, but now I was wondering if perhaps this wasn't a clever marketing lie. I decided that I would need to try it again on a day when I really didn't feel like running. I got that opportunity sooner than I hoped.
Sunday morning and I couldn't kick the migraine that had started the day before. The medicine had taken the edge off, but I was still hurting. Perfect time to try the Cytomax again. I started it easy in Lincoln Park then found some exciting new hills and started heading up, and up, and up.
I have decided that I like Cytomax.

No comments: